August 03, 2007
I've been tagged by the lovely Zeebah.
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. My fingers are double-jointed which means I can bend them backward, but only slightly. This feature hasn't helped or hindered me in any particular regard.
2. I've joined a fiction workshop. Perhaps I can put my vivid imagination to better use than envisioning worst-case scenarios that never come to pass.
3. Once I was stung by a bee. A friend of mine broke open a cigarette, spit on some of the loose tobacco and applied it to my skin like a poultice. It seemed to work.
4. Being a better listener is one of my goals, but I think I may also be a little hard of hearing, especially when there's ambient noise. But then again maybe it's just too noisy at that moment and I just need to ask the person to repeat herself.
5. In kindergarten, a girl named Allison was my best friend. Then another girl joined our class for a while. Margaret had blonde braids, blue eyes, and a navy blue coat with toggle buttons and fuzzy woolen trim on the collar and cuffs. She didn't like me for some reason, and claimed Allison for her own. Now I know that people come and go, that you can't dictate the terms of a friendship, but at the time I didn't understand why Allison was no longer my friend.
6. "Whatever" is a regular expression for me. Usually though I just think it, rather than saying it aloud. When I get worked up about something over which I have no control, "whatever" puts it in perspective, in a valley-girl Zen sort of way.
7. When I'm reading a book or watching a movie, I can be pretty reactive. I will gasp, I startle easily, I get teary when something emotional happens. It's a little frustrating being so easily manipulated like that, but sometimes it's fun to really get into the story.
8. I have walked in a parade - smiling, waving, pulling an Eiffel tower balloon on casters. Now I can cross that off my list of things to do in life.
Have you got 8 random things you'd like to share? Write 'em up in the comments, or leave a link to your own post.