? Wherever you go, there you are! | Main | Love this, love this, love this. I love this. ?

July 25, 2005

here

I could vent my spleen (terrorists, Karl Rove, John Roberts - whose wife does pro bono work for Feminists for Life, the energy bill which would double ethanol production even though it takes more fuel to make ethanol than the amount of ethanol actually produced, that I can't dial up at home because my computer won't connect anymore).

I could tell you more about my trip to San Francisco and Sonoma and my subsequent visit with family in Myrtle Beach.

I could post the results of the latest web quizzes (my power color is red-orange, I am a Type B+ personality, I was a Portugese sailor in a past life).

I could tell you about the latest cool stuff I want but don't need, like a wristband that says "scalawag" or "candyass."

It's not like I don't have things I could post, I'm just in a sort of
blogging malaise, like what's the point. I'm not chick lit, I'm not a political activist, I'm not much of a librarian blogger or a devoted Austen/shopping/crafting/foodie/reading/music/film blogger. I am a commonplace commonplace book (redundancy intended), a mote of dust in the blogosphere.

I feel cranky, and even to my own mind I'm being annoying - willfully blindered and small-minded.

Because I could also tell you of talking Star Wars with my older nephew. That my younger nephew, who was nearly ready to walk when I last saw him, has started walking. That I've had great laughs and a great mojito care of Weird Babe. That I stuffed myself silly over food and a full-out viewing of all five hours of Pride & Prejudice with my friends Tessa and Dave. That we and the LTR saw a really sweet, wonderful improv play written by my friend Clunky Robot. That the gray cat, whom we've named Ulysses, is coming in for overnight visits and likes to make biscuits on me in the middle of night, purring at full throttle. That between therapy and Paxil (fuck off, Tom Cruise) my life is a whole lot better. I still have work to do, but I accept that there will always be work to do - and that it doesn't have to be unpleasant. My world isn't bleak and I don't let assholes have power over me anymore.

So yeah, I haven't felt like I've had anything worth saying. One of those phases, but it will pass.

Yours, &c., LC | 06:37 PM | Blogos , Slice o' Life | Comments (8) | TrackBack (0)

Comments

So, but. You ARE telling us. And I like it.

Posted by: z at July 25, 2005 07:23 PM

You know, sometimes you just have to tell the world, "Bite me". A little personal sanity check to go with your Paxil (Amen, to someone else telling that little short Napolean wannabe more money than anyone should have half-assed actor who I never saw what was up with to go to Hell-o).

Take care of you and turn on that P&P...

Posted by: breadchick at July 26, 2005 08:35 AM

Hang in there, sister. Let me suggest wedding crashing as a definite malaise-lifting experience. I did my first this past weekend (yes, independent of the stupid movie) and I have to tell you - free food/drink and the whiff of the illegal make for an intoxicating combination. In high school we crashed a lot of proms at the Peachtree Plaza, which is always a good location, and I would also probably give the Ritz downtown a shot.

Posted by: dash riprock at July 26, 2005 09:05 AM

z: You've caught me out in my shameless bid for attention, even - especially - when I'm being a whinypants, lol.

Thanks, guys. As I mentioned to Impossible Jane, who was nice enough to send me an email, it's good to be reminded that I'm not talking into a void here.

Posted by: Lady C. at July 26, 2005 12:45 PM

I personally think you should treat yourself to a scalawag wristband.

Posted by: Foolio at July 26, 2005 01:42 PM

Void schmoid, you're in my Bloglines feeds, baby! And not just jumbled up with everything else near the bottom; in the very chic and exclusive "Friends" folder, no less. I read LCA religiously, and not just for a thrilling glimpse of my name in cyber-lights. It's just durn good readin'. How else would I learn about the "smartypants" wristband that I simply must buy for Dave? :)

Posted by: Tessa at July 26, 2005 02:09 PM

What they said.

I took June off, mostly, or was it May? Kind of felt bad about it, but when I started blogging again it was good. I'm not sure what made me think I needed to post a minimum of four times a week - something to do with my OC problem with stats, I'm sure - but whatever it was, it was wrong. Now that I don't think about it so much I'm posting four times a week. 8)

Speaking of which, I haven't had a mojito in weeks. Time to remedy that little mistake pronto.

Posted by: Linus at July 27, 2005 11:55 AM

Here's hoping you come out of your funk soon. I go through phases like that myself, though not so much anymore since I've (also) been on Paxil. I love it - I wish I'd had it in high school, where the yearbook staff wanted to list me as most likely to be seen crying in the hallways.

Posted by: tiffany at July 27, 2005 02:56 PM