? Kung Fu Hustle | Main | Comments Issue ?

May 02, 2005

I am...a librarian!

DON'T PANIC I've been promoted. Trying to apply the excellent advice on the back cover of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. (Fun movie, by the way).

Not much has changed yet. There will be more reference work, learning by doing. In the meantime, still doing my current duties until someone is found to take on the clerical work.

I haven't let myself get too excited about it yet. Part of me wonders when I'll be found out, because I certainly haven't got a brain the size of a planet.

Still, a raise is a raise. My credit cards and I are due for a reckoning. (We'll just count the iPod as a prescient promotion purchase.)

Yours, &c., LC | 06:27 PM | Librariana , Slice o' Life | Comments (7) | TrackBack (0)

Comments

Hey, good for you! If you need extra incentive to do good, you could always threaten to return your iPod if you mess up... threatening oneself always works so well... ;)

Posted by: Jenica at May 3, 2005 01:43 PM

Hip hip hooray! I once again issue my hearty congratulations. I know that you will do just brilliantly, particularly if you remember to never go anywhere without your wonderful towel. (Other fine advice from the Hitchhiker's Guide.)

Posted by: Tessa at May 3, 2005 02:57 PM

I once again issue my hearty congratulations as well!

Posted by: LTR at May 3, 2005 05:44 PM

Congrats!! That's excellent news....and yes, Don't Panic. Just enjoy the raise and the new responsibilites.

I'm totally with you on the feeling of "when will I be found out"....I've been doing the same time of work for five years now and I still feel like I'm faking it all the time.

Posted by: Mary at May 4, 2005 10:35 AM

Aw, thanks everybody! :-)

Posted by: Lady C at May 4, 2005 12:25 PM

So how come the Dewey decimal system doesn't have an assigned subject for '42'?

Congrats though!

Posted by: deano at May 4, 2005 12:46 PM

Congradulations! I work with a lot of law librarians at UGA and they all wing it. You will do fine. You worked hard to get this job and I know you will be good at it. You already do a lot of reference work on your blog so the learning will be easy. There are also perks with your new job. My law librarian friends have been gone all week to a conference in San. Francisco. Mike would be proud.

Posted by: Mike's Mom at May 4, 2005 09:28 PM