May 26, 2004
Check Your Links
Major back-end changes:
1. I've decided to switch over to PHP after all. Changed the configuration for my archive files, as well as the output files for my templates, from HTML to PHP. Cleaned out the directories on my server space so that only the PHP files remain and not the corresponding HTML files.
2. At the same time, I changed the coding for the URLs that are generated whenever I post. At some point my permalinks to individual posts went screwy, either through deleting posts and rebuilding the site, or during the hosting changeover. Since I already messed up my links, I figured I might as well start from scratch with URLS that use the titles of my posts instead of a meaningless number. So these permalinks should be fairly permanent now. I'll be much more conscientious about disrupting links in the future. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Source: Learning Movable Type - a really good site that offers helpful hints for people learning their way around MT.