October 12, 2003
Things to Be Happy About
I suppose there's something to be said for positive thinking. So I'm going to list some of the things that have given me bits of joy.
1. Let's start with the best. Zeebah got a new job! Congratulations! I knew you'd find a situation that's much better and saner and more rewarding for you! And I'm so thrilled, it's as good as my getting a job, which will happen eventually. Hurrah!
2. Peppermint choca chip ice cream at Jake's. That is some damn fine ice cream.
3. Getting together with my new book group to discuss A Fine Balance over drinks and tapas at Lunatique. Did five women split three kinds of dessert? You bet we did.
4. Watching Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. It doesn't have fancy production values, but I'm enjoying how London is portrayed as a fantastical place.
5. Brunch at the Flying Biscuit. Boy, did I miss this place.